Tuesday 21 July 2015

GSoC week 8; More squaring functions

This week not much has changed, but I tried a couple of things that gave nothing.

After using Montgomery form for general multiplication and squaring I try to use it in special sqr functions (like unity_zp_sqr7). For this I add some modular functions for fmpz in Montgomery form (add, sub, mul: inlined in aprcl.h file) and add unity_zp_mont_sqr7() function. Using it instead of unity_zp_sqr7 and simple form works slower. Maybe, I implement something not very accurately.

I also add unity_zp_sqr11() function and it gave a good speed up (~10% for 300 digits number; we can test 300 digits $n$ for 7.3 sec). Functions like this give a better performance, but them require a lot time to code and debug. So far I have used the Supplement to Implementation of a New Primality Test, but the better way is to think about generalization.
from 50 to 100 digits

from 50 to 300 digits


On the other hand if I add similar functions for $p^k = 13, 27, 32$ this will be enough for the numbers up to ~1000 of digits. I also need to have a better look at $R$ and $s$ selection.

I think that I need to rewrite unity_zp_sqr and unity_zp_mul functions to reduce modulo $n$ after cyclotomic poly reduction, so we have less number of fmpz_mod function calls. 
Only 4 weeks left until soft GSoC deadline, so I have to start thinking about future code integration (as first step I want to create new branch and remove files related with Gauss sum test).

Valgrind callgrind call graphs for 100 and 300 digits numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment